The Definitive Guide: How to Create a Content Marketing Strategy for an E-commerce Brand
Use Shopify to build your eCommerce Store and start selling!
So you’ve built your e-commerce site and you’re ready to start getting traffic. But how? People need ideas and inspiration! Good content leads people to your site and great content keeps them there. Luckily, there are few content fundamentals that every brand should have in order to achieve their goals with online customer engagement. Plenty of companies do a great job of producing content, but not all manage to engage their audience. Whether it’s educating or entertaining, building customer loyalty has been proven to increase customer outreach, and ultimately affect your bottom line. The article below touches on some key components in online brand promotion. Use the info to create more relationship-building content with your audience members so you can improve customer retention.
Offering The Right Content for Your Audience: A recent study shows that 52% of organizations were the strongest social media promoter of their content in the last two years. During this period, they saw that successful content yielded a 90% higher customer engagement than content that was unengaging. As result, their overall traffic went up by 82%. The engagement level businesses receive is greatly due to the type of content that they share. For example, a time-sensitive offer of a free gift or exclusive sale will certainly attract a customer’s attention. This also allows the company to associate with a certain brand image. Although it requires a good deal of budget, you might also notice adding high-quality videos which can be useful for providing instructions or instant answers to questions. You shouldn’t forget about infographics that are proven to engage customers. By placing the infographic on different platforms- such as Facebook and Twitter- you can target a large audience while saving money. When you’re conducting your marketing campaign, there’s always the temptation to spend as little as possible on marketing. The key to making your marketing more effective is using a variety of technology beyond the confines of SEO and PPC, including social media sites and video technology. When you’re using Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube to promote your new business, it can be tempting to strangle the social media and technology accounts in order to save money.
Why Creating Brand Content Must be at the Core of E-commerce Strategy
All successful brands know the importance of content marketing. Currently, Facebook feeds are clogged with photos of user’s kids and grandkids, as well as loud messages about politics and whatnot. Content craves engagement, so the best content is in the form of entertaining videos, blog posts, and articles showcasing features or new products which are helpful to your target audience – this way you’ll be bringing traffic to your site. Your content should be created in such a way that users feel the urge to share it with their friends and family, who might also resonate with what you’ve made. We can help you in creating blogs to boost your content marketing which will also drive the traffic to your product landing page. To know more, check out our content writing services.
The Role of Blogs in Today’s Marketing Mix
Blogs are an effective marketing mix strategy because they create long-term value. In addition, the blog can be a powerful form of content marketing that provides your consumers with news and opinion about your product, industry, and company. Blogs give you the opportunity to tell your brand story in a way that engages with consumers in a two-way dialogue. I have down-valued the idea of SEO and came to believe that it is very important for online implementation. There are two types of SEO for your blog, namely On-Page SEO and Off-Page SEO. On-page SEO is the SEO directly applied in the web blog itself. So it means adhering to certain rules and mandates to facilitate the interests of search engines. It usually includes SEO tags, meta researches, internal links, etc. Off-page SEO means providing benefits that affect search engines by producing relevant content, the share social networking sites to increase traffic, and by updating its website regularly.
- Include keywords on the product page: By adding keywords, will attract search engines to your website.
- Insert the Meta Description: By adding meta description, it contains a brief description of the content on the page.
- Product Title That Is Clear and Relevant: In general, it is known to all as the heading of a product. When you describe the content in this, consider starting with a question and writing as much as possible that would be answered by the title.
- Product Alt Tag: It is the alternate text for a product image on the web pages, and it describes what’s in the image.
- Announce New Product on the Category Page: Adding a product is quite a different way to publish a new product. It will be better to complete this written on the category page.
- URL of that Category Page: If you plan to write about the new product in a blog, what is essential in it is the Category Page URL.
- Product Summary: The goal is to be able to tell the content of a product in just a few sentences. Write your primary and secondary product features and try to publish a sentence or two that describes the product.
- Product Image: The image will help potential customers find your product easier. It is much better to upload a product image than links directly.
- Product Product Description: Concentrate on writing a full description of an item describing it as well as possible on the category page, but still think about using the blog.
- Product Categories from Merchant: Product categories are very important to Google Shopping; they should fit your 10 steps so far.
- Google Product Category: After adding a product, use the category selection to make sure your product choices match the categories used by Google.
- Product Videos: I think product videos are very important with SMEs, a video can increase your conversion up to 50%, which means you can make your product listing first for one of the most popular keywords.
- Merchant Data Check from Google Adwords: To check your Merchant data from Google Adwords and keywords match with Google Shopping feeds. The Merchant Data Check tool gives you the opportunity to compare your stats, including performance metrics and shopping campaign details, with those of other merchants in a similar industry.
- Remarketing: Site managers all turn on the remarketing tool but they don’t go to test it, in many cases, the impressions fluctuate between 2% and 5%. Check if your remarketing message is suitable to your target audience and if it is well-positioned. Remarketing messages shouldn’t interrupt your site’s content – don’t place them where they distract from the main purpose of the page, mislead consumers, or don’t add value. Check in Google Analytics whether your remarketing campaigns are performing and that people are clicking on them.
- Test your landing pages that do not load: In Adwords, there is to tracking option for landing pages, it’s one of the most important events in an account. It lets you see how much of the landing page is loaded before viewers leave your site.
- Make sure that people can find you in Google Search: Use keywords, and make sure each keyword has an exact match domain (EMD) associated with it. You can run this query in the search console, “site: www.domain.com” (make sure your site has a www.domain.com URL) This information helps Google’s algorithms to crawl your site better, improved crawl rate brings an improvement in your position in search results.
- Use key pages to drive traffic and rankings: Create the content on those pages which are intended to drive organic traffic from Google. Write an in-depth article, improve your social presence, use social networks and link-building methods.
- Choose quality over quantity: Put an end to “link marketing” strategies and limit the number of backlinks that you create. Instead, focus on quality: create a valuable link, engage readers with your content.
- Always create new content: Post new content, create targeted content for an audience, and choose a good time to publish new articles.
- All the little details: You should have a responsive design, use schema.org in the contents, optimize meta description and meta titles tags, have an informative/easy navigation footer, optimized and relevant social icons.
- Link to your own site from other sites: It is important to establish some links pointing to your blog from other blogs or websites.
- Link to sites you like: It is necessary to return the favor. You can reference other site’s contents in the form of a blog post or even in the footer of your blog depending on how many links they gave you.
- Create a custom 404 page and add it to your header: It is a page where users land when clicking on links that are non-existent.
- Create social media accounts: To increase interactions on your site, which in turn helps boost the traffic.
- Use images and GIFS: It may not be the newest trend, but time does not affect it. Images are more appreciated than text-only posts. Make sure you have a minimum of 300-400 words when using images though.
- Make sure to cover a broad range of topics: Don’t just cover news, world issues, or what is happening in the market. These topics are too controversial.
- Always use the SEO Plugin: The Yoast SEO plugin in WordPress simplifies creating good titles, meta descriptions, and adding rich snippets
- Remember good products attract quality comments: Your engagement rate will increase when you have quality content.
- Pay attention to shared hosting talk: You can find some good ideas just by reading the posts and following Youtubers that these forums promote.
- Importance of a responsive website: If you use WordPress, there is no excuse not to have a responsive site. We recommend using Elementor to build responsive websites.
- Comment on Blogs and Forums: If you add a new product, it’s better to leave a message about your product by posting comments on other blogs and forums. It’s because the right message online can spread fast, too. To determine the issue comment on a post or forum that has the same purpose as your product.
- Link back to your website: By commenting on a blog or link on a group’s discussion, you can increase inbound links and make them flow.
- Link your content to other parts of your site: Try to link them with blogs and articles about the same topic as yours.
- Use Social Bookmarking Sites: If you want to increase traffic, you can also use a link bookmark and link it to your product’s category page.
- Add new social media content 2 – 3 times a week, it is better to link back to your site’s category pages. This will make you stronger on social networking sites and give your brand significant exposure. To make your social media content management easier, you can use tools like SproutSocial or HootSuite.
- Run promotional offers and contests that encourage users to share the products you are selling with their friends. Offer great prizes in contests, sweepstakes, and answer question surveys.
- Add social media transcripts to improve search engine rankings and increase traffic.
- Create a Facebook page and advertise it through various blogs, groups, forum profiles to drive more traffic.
- Have social media buttons together with your site’s main logo, but try not to overcrowd them so that they will look cluttered
- Put social media badges on your website’s sidebars, or above content whenever possible.
- Test various versions of the same banner ad to determine the one with the greatest click-through rate.
- Use Facebook guest posting to drive traffic to your websites.
- You can drive traffic from social media by joining groups and putting up links to your site’s articles.
- Make use of geo- targeting through Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Embed images from your other websites onto one website.
- You can also learn to get your traffic from press releases, which might not only bring you a ranking boost but also a traffic boost that’ll be mutually beneficial.
- When it comes to driving more traffic, do not target one particular type of source since diverse types of traffic are usually better than traffic only from a specific source.
How Your Content Activity Should Be Defined to All Constituents
Express what you are trying to accomplish through your content, whether that is to drive engagement or introduce new products. Use graphs, diagrams, photos, and animated GIFs if you have the data to support them. Add a call-to-action at the end of your post so readers don’t just stop reading and churn out. However, this should be the last thing you add to your post. Close with what you want your readers to do, and again, make it clear what you are going to offer them in return.
Setting Up a Long Term Content Plan is Essential for an E-commerce Brand
Establishing a long-term content plan is one of the best strategies to convert more sales and traffic into loyal customers, which will in turn increase your revenues. For brands that are striving for higher exposure, consistency and patience are key factors to consider when planning their online content strategy. Identify your audience’s preferred channel for content strategy. Do you believe e-newsletters and social media posts are the most effective way to reach your customers? In case your goal is long-term content marketing, creating regular articles will help you to build and nurture relationships on a constant basis. As your audience grows and evolves, so should the tactics of your content marketing campaign. A great idea would be to involve your community. Make use of integrating content into their experience. It helps you to pick up valuable insights about their preferences – making it easier for future content creation. Furthermore, you can choose your most valuable readers as opinion leaders. Provide resources to share with their audience, helping you further in engaging with your audience. Once you have a steady stream of articles, consider choosing a theme and assign your chosen opinion leaders to create articles within this field.
Consider conducting a survey to identify the most-watched platforms of your target market. Website visitors are usually the easiest to observe and are the best indicators of customer preferences. Reply to online reviews Don’t be so proud that you don’t reply to reviews on social media websites. This is one effective way to win over detractors and potential customers alike. You have nothing to lose if the reviews are positive, while you can easily gain hundreds, if not thousands of new loyal customers. Provide a transparent social strategy. Having difficulty in maintaining your social network?
Content marketing is a tool that every online retail business should have in its arsenal of digital strategies. This strategy has replaced banner advertisements as the standard for e-commerce brands in today’s world. It is true that you can generate higher revenues and more loyal customers, but a vital thing to keep in mind is that choosing the right content strategy will increase your overall conversions and also bring in more customers.
About Clover Digital
Professional Content Writing Services: If you’re a marketing agency that offers SEO services to your clientele, we’re here to help you scale your company. We offer fast and cost-effective content writing services specifically for marketing agencies.
Looking to hire a content writing agency?
Fill out the form and we will reach out to you
Who can opt for this?
- Marketing Agencies looking to scale their content production for their SEO campaigns.
- Bloggers looking to outsource their articles and blog posts.
- Websites looking to get started with writing quality content consistently.